iPhone News Desk
iPhone Developer Summit Extended To June 22-23 By Popular Demand
iPhone On Course to Become Most Adopted Enterprise Device of 2009
Jun. 11, 2009 11:00 AM
iPhone Developer Summit (www.iphonedevsummit.com) recently announced that due to popular demand it has extended its program to cover a second day. It will now run June 22-23, 2009, in New York City. In a Letter from the Tech Chair at the conference Website, the Tech Chair of the Conference, Ian Thain, writes: "With the iPhone more than earning its place in the consumer market, it is now being adopted by enterprises. In fact, many believe that the iPhone will be the most adopted enterprise device in 2009."
View the New 2-Day Schedule (see Track 4) Here
Register June 22-23 for "Expo Plus iPhone" for Just $200
From a starting-point of just over 500 when it launched in July, notes Thain, Apple's App Store has over 35,000 applications available and downloads have surpassed 1 billion.
The event is being held June 22-23 at The Roosevelt Hotel in New York City in conjunction with the 7th International AJAXWorld RIA Conference & Expo.
Topics to be covered in New York City are as follows:
Getting Started Programming with Objective-C and the iPhone
Julio Barros - Consultant, E-String Technologies
– This session will talk about tips and strategies to best learn your way around Objective-C, Cocoa Touch and the XCode development tools.
Combining REST and Context for Killer iPhone Apps
Jason Christensen - Proprietor, jasonc411.com
– This session will look at using web services, cloud computing, and the sensors on the iPhone to create applications that exceed what could previously be done on mobile devices.
Break The Mold - iPhone for the Mobile Enterprise
Senthil Krishnapillai - Director of Product Management, Sybase iAnywhere
– This session will discuss how companies, to truly realize the power of the iPhone in the enterprise, need a mobile infrastructure to move away from single ‘one-off’ applications to a more strategic mobile platform
Mastering View Controllers
Ernie Svehla - Chief Architect, IntelliObject
– This session will take a detailed look at best practices for leveraging the various view controllers bundled with the iPhone SDK
From the Trenches: Key Lessons from Enterprise iPhone
Joe Pezzillo - Founder, Metafy LLC,
– This session will present several key lessons learned developing enterprise apps, from both technical and project management perspectives.
A New Generation of Connected Games
Paul Croft - Director of Games, Mediatonic
– This session will focus on the cross-over between Web games and the iPhone and how the two platforms can offer mutual benefits to each other.
iPhone Development in an Enterprise Environment
Travis Siegfried - Application Developer, IBM
– This session will explain the important aspects of iPhone development in today's fast-paced enterprise environment including 'tips and tricks' to building a business application.
Build Once, Run Anywhere, No Objective C Required
Chris Fleck - VP of Solutions Development, Citrix Systems
– This session will present a solution that allows Windows apps to run on servers in the datacenter and be delivered remotely to multiple users with any device including the iPhone.
Creating Native-Looking Applications for the iPhone with ASP.NET
Todd Schick - Director of Technology and Business Development, ComponentOne
– This session enables developers to get up to speed quickly to create ASP.NET Web applications which closely emulate the UI design of native iPhone applications.
About the iPhone Developer Summit Tech Chair:
Ian Thain is Senior Technical Evangelist at Sybase Inc, where he works on the Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP). He is also Editor of iPhone Developer's Magazine. Thain is an expert technologist has been involved in Enterprise Mobility from 2003 and in his customer facing role, he is very involved with the design, production and testing of Enterprise class UnWired Solutions that have been implemented using Sybase's UnWired tools for Sybase customers around the globe.