From the Wires
Gartner Positions Oracle in Leaders Quadrant for Data Warehouse Database Management Systems
Feb. 11, 2013 08:00 AM
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/11/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Gartner, Inc. has named Oracle as a Leader in its "Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse Database Management Systems." (1)
- Gartner's Magic Quadrant reports position vendors within a particular quadrant based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute.
- According to Gartner, vendors in the Leaders quadrant, "demonstrate the greatest support for data warehouses of all sizes, with large numbers of concurrent users and management of mixed data warehousing workloads. These vendors lead in data warehousing by consistently demonstrating customer satisfaction and strong support, as well as longevity in the data warehouse DBMS market, with strong hardware alliances. Hence, Leaders also represent the lowest risk for data warehouse implementations, in relation to, among other things, performance as mixed workloads, database sizes and complexity increase. Additionally, the market's maturity demands that Leaders maintain a strong vision for the key trends of the past year: mixed-workload management for end-user service-level satisfaction and data volume management. Finally, Leaders have the ability to align their messaging, product placement and pricing models to support both traditional data warehousing practices and emerging practices for distributed processing, data virtualization, metadata management and dynamic optimization, which are essential for the logical data warehouse and big data to become the 'new normal.' Importantly, with so many Leaders aligned with our current criteria, the scale of differentiation will shift even more strongly in coming years toward combining structured and unstructured analytics, support for external files and processing, and the ability to support a diverse set of end-user applications via metadata and performance auditing and tuning."
- The Oracle Exadata Database Machine is at the core of Oracle's data warehouse offering that also includes components such as Oracle Database, Oracle Advanced Analytics, Oracle OLAP, Oracle Big Data Appliance and industry-specific Data Models. Together, these solutions provide Oracle's customers with the most complete, fast, reliable and cost-effective platform for data warehousing, big data and business analytics.
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine delivers game-changing performance, compression and availability for Oracle Data Warehouses.
- "We believe Oracle's position in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse Database Management Systems recognizes the outstanding performance of the Oracle Exadata Database Machine, as well as Oracle's delivery of innovative, integrated solutions for big data with the Big Data Appliance and Big Data Connectors," said Cetin Ozbutun, vice president, Data Warehousing and Big Data Technologies, Oracle. "Oracle's unique ability to execute enables our customers to stay ahead of their most demanding data warehouse requirements."
(1) Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse Database Management Systems," by Mark A. Beyer, et al, January 31, 2013
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.