Today's Top SOA Links
From the Wires
Looxcie Announces Retail Expansion into Europe
By: PR Newswire
Jan. 8, 2013 12:00 AM
- Product distribution with global consumer electronics company and retailer brings Looxcie HD to consumers across Europe
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Looxcie, Inc., makers of the award-winning hands-free mobile-connected video cam, announced today that Apple Europe will carry Looxcie HD in Apple retail stores and online beginning January 23. Offering 1080p video capture, live mobile streaming, and direct-to-Facebook streaming, Looxcie HD pairs with a user's iPhone or iPad via Wi-Fi to instantly view, edit or share video with friends and family. Looxcie HD includes a wide range of wearing and mounting options to ensure that users are getting great video every time, whether they are skiing the Swiss Alps, enjoying a family bike ride, or exploring the French countryside.
"We continue to bring the Looxcie experience to more people globally so they have the ability to capture, create and share their memories with friends and family in real time through Looxcie video cams, anytime, anywhere. Through Apple retail we are now bringing this reality to consumers across Europe," said Looxcie CEO Romulus Pereira. "Technology has made the world smaller, and we're excited to make Looxcie video cams even more accessible to people who want to connect and share their memories and experiences with anyone on the planet."
The Looxcie HD video cam will be sold as part the Looxcie HD Adventure pack, which will also include the Ball Cap Clip, Helmet Mount, Handlebar Mount and Vented Helmet Mount for wearing versatility. The Looxcie HD Adventure will retail for €349. Looxcie's companion app can be downloaded for free from the App Store. Designed for a mobile world, the Looxcie app can stream and share video over 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi, right from the iPhone or iPad, without the need for a computer to share videos. The Looxcie mobile app is compatible with iPhones and iPads running iOS 5.0 and higher.
Additional Product Features & Specs:
- Full HD recording up to 1080p
- Direct-to-Facebook live streaming
- 480p mobile streaming for sharing a live feed anytime, anywhere
- Ability to create user's personal broadcasting network to private or public audience
- Simultaneous streaming & recording
- Sleek, hands-free design with a wide range of mounting options
- Free mobile app for viewfinder and controls
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity
- Weather-resistant enclosure for use in virtually any climate
- Low-light sensor for use in low lighting
- Unique Instant Clip button for creating "instant replays" of what just happened
- Rechargeable and replaceable battery
- Expandable microSD video storage (Not Included)
- Weighs approximately 3 ounces
- Battery life of up to 2 hours (when recording HD)
About Looxcie, Inc.
Looxcie, Inc. is the creator of the first integrated mobile video service that incorporates a hands-free video cam and lets people capture and share what's happening, while it happens. Founded in 2008, Looxcie is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. For more information, visit www.looxcie.com.
For more information, visit www.looxcie.com.
Web 2.0 Latest News
Subscribe to the World's Most Powerful Newsletters
Subscribe to Our Rss Feeds & Get Your SYS-CON News Live!
SYS-CON Featured Whitepapers
Most Read This Week