From the Wires
UBM Channel Closes Out Another Successful Year
30th Anniversary of CRN Concludes with Recognition for Editorial Innovation and Excellence
Dec. 20, 2012 11:41 AM
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Channel closed out another successful year addressing the needs of the dynamic IT Channel. Celebrating 30 years of covering the channel market, CRN has been recognized for editorial innovation and excellence in 2012 due in part to the launch of the CRN app for iPad, CRN Tech News. In concert with award-winning editorial coverage and innovative content delivery, the XChange Events team hosted more than a dozen live events all designed to give channel executives valuable insights into the best practices, industry trends and cutting edge technologies necessary to effectively compete in today's market.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20121220/NY33207LOGO )
2012 Highlights Include:
- Editorial Innovation and Excellence: Honored by FOLIO for the 2012 Eddie and Ozzie Awards, CRN won gold for two editorial categories including "Best Single Article" and "Best Online News Coverage". In addition, the CRN app for iPad, CRN Tech News, was named a min's 2012 Editorial and Design Awards finalist.
- Launch of CRN Tech News: Developed for IT Channel executives and "Road Warriors" who need access to mobile content and tools to better run their business, CRN Tech News gives subscribers exclusive access to in-depth reports, valuable new research, investigative series, and never-before-seen content such as the popular executive compensation study, each week.
- Introduction of CRN Buzz: By focusing on six technology areas of interest to the IT channel - Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Security, Storage, Networking and Mobility -- CRN Buzz identifies and curates the most popular news stories of the day for busy IT solution providers.
- New XChange Events Community: A newly redesigned events website enables attendees, speakers and sponsors to interact before, during and after each event featuring mobile device friendly content and streaming video.
- Channel@Work Charity Program: As the charitable component of XChange events, UBM Channel, in conjunction with Microsoft and Samsung underwriter support, hosted three hands-on projects in 2012 to benefit the Los Angeles Ronald McDonald House and the Richardson and Henderson Boys & Girls Clubs. Collections and product donations valued at more than $100,000 were also contributed throughout the year to support these and other charities including Safe Horizon and Dress for Success.
"CRN has a longstanding commitment to the IT Channel market. After 30 years covering the space, our team not only understands the type of information solution providers need to maximize their business, but how to best deliver that content," said Robert Faletra, CEO, UBM Channel. "From the CRN app for iPad to our popular XChange events, CRN Buzz to COMDEXvirtual, we are focused on providing unmatched channel expertise and integrated solutions that help IT channel executives build their business."
About UBM Channel
UBM Channel is the premier provider of IT channel-focused events, media, research, consulting, and sales and marketing services. With more than 30 years of experience and engagement, UBM Channel has the unmatched channel expertise to execute integrated solutions for technology executives, managing partner recruitment, enablement and go-to-market strategy in order to accelerate technology sales. UBM Channel is a UBM company. To learn more about UBM Channel, visit us at http://www.ubmchannel.com. Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ubmchannel.
UBM plc (www.ubm.com)
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
Betzi-Lynn Hanc, Marketing Manager
SOURCE UBM Channel